Friday, March 31, 2017

Meeting Two

We had another group meeting. Now it was very interesting because I got some critiques that were very useful to accomplish my vision of the film opening. I had an idea of what my film opening was going to be about in terms of color. I was thinking of doing it in black and white to show Alice’s emotions, that she only has two parts to herself. The side that everyone sees and the side that no one sees, that no one knows. The group was very helpful and they suggested to utilize colors like blues and greys to create a tone of depression, and not make is so cliché. I told the group that I felt like I didn’t have enough shots that will be sufficient in time and be able create a sort of short story that is coherent in understanding the main idea of the film opening and the short film. One of the people in the group suggested to start her routine, maybe even do a long shot of her and what she is doing that will connect with the tone and main idea. Now this can be confusing because you can have so many ideas of what to do for this shot, but it is a work in progress. Now with the long shot of her doing her routine, it shows her everyday life and then it transitions to that depression that she feels. This might work, but I’m not sure if I feel like it would be useful in the film opening. This creates a transition and  I feel like the best transition for me is the use of colors. So I will have to work on that. Now this really got me thinking because I asked them the question of what would be best to show why she feels the way she feels. This question is difficult to respond to because the answer lies within you, not others. (By the way, the use of 'you" means me.) You can get ideas from others, but in the end, what matters is that you take their criticism and ideas and make it your own. I hope to start editing today and see if I have to re-film or add more shots that will make the film interesting. I am also in the process of choosing music and writing the voiceover.


No comments:

Post a Comment