Sunday, March 26, 2017

Meet with Me

I had a group meeting with some of my classmates and it was very helpful to think that people do like my idea as well as asked questions of how the story will be developed. The opening will be developed through the use of voiceover. It was very interesting to talk with the others and see how they  pitched their projects. It gave me some ideas that I could utilize in the opening. Now, i don’t know if they will work,  but I could at least try. Maybe start the voiceover before you see anything or start with the music, I’m not really sure. That will most likely be established when I start editing the footage. There were also some questions that were brought to my attention that I am still thinking about. For instance, why should the audience care and what makes this story different? Now those two questions got me thinking. Yes, every teen at some point feels depressed and we can blame it on the high standards imposed on them by society, but I am trying to tell that this young girl is just depressed because she has to live with these high standards and there is nothing wrong with her. She knows that what she sees in the magazine are unrealistic standards of what most women look like in the world. Those standards don’t really affect her. She just feels the ways she feels for reason that are unknown. She goes on with life as if nothing but that is not true. Being aware of this situation is something everyone should know. It is important to try to understand the importance of mental illness. The other question of why this story is different is the one that I have difficulty figuring out. This difference will help me develop the story of the film of why she feels the way she feels. The reason why I had difficulty is because I didn’t really want to make the story really different  I wanted it to be relatable to some teens and wanted people to understand what teens feel. I did think about a story or a reason why she feels the way she feels. I was thinking about the main character, Alice, having an abusive boyfriend during the summer, but I was not sure. If I do end up doing this idea, I would need to use another character and my main actress to film on another day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment