Sunday, March 12, 2017

I Might Have a Clue


Now  I was in the process of researching the genre of my film opening and I had numerous ideas to create.

Since the beginning of the school year, a young-ish girl walked into a class not knowing what to expect. She found a world filled with magic, research and creativity. She never imagined how fascinated she would be by the class. By the way she still is. That young-ish girl is me. When I found out that we would be making a film opening towards the end of the year, I was thinking of ideas before I was even born.

I found it difficult yet easy to brainstorm what I wanted to do. In the beginning of the school year, I was thinking of doing a film about gymnastics and I had already had shots running through my mind. The angle of the camera focused on the feet of a young girl on the beam or even having someone run towards me, and in that case I hope I would not be run over and die. But that idea kind of, not completely disappear, but was put in the back of my mind. Then, December rolled in. It was the time when I travelled to Spain. I thought that I might do a film surrounding the topic of travel. I love to travel and the idea of learning about new cultures and TRYING to make new friends. But most of all I enjoyed the time with my family and of course,  FOOD. (IT WAS TO DIE FOR). But anyways, that didn’t work out because it would have mostly likely turned into a documentary and well I’m not allowed to non-fiction adaptation, A.K.A. a documentary. So then I rolled around in my thoughts.

Being a person who usually zones out in the middle of History or even math class has its benefits. I am telling you, it really has its benefit. But anyways, I have decided to do something personal, something emotional. That is where the genre of drama comes in. I have no drama in my life for now, ( I should find real wood to knock on) but it follows many conventions that my film would have. “ Drama Films are serious presentations or stories with settings or life situations that portray realistic characters in conflict with either themselves, others, or forces of nature. A dramatic film shows us human beings at their best, their worst, and everything in-between”(Dirks). Being such an emotional topic as well as personal, the genre seemed to fit perfectly. Now I would tell you about my idea but I will be talking more about it on my next post of where I got my inspiration and why I will film something so personal.


Thank you for reading my somewhat cohesive thoughts, as you could tell I might have gone out of topic a little bit.

Dirks, T. (n.d.). Drama Films. Retrieved March 12, 2017, from http://www.filmsite.org/dramafilms.html


No comments:

Post a Comment